Bronson Centre is a registered not-for-profit charitable corporation that provides affordable rental space to other non-profits, charities, and the community at large.
We are a hub, social enterprise, and a dynamic cultural and community environment – all rolled into one.
With 45,000 square feet to share, we are home to 40 permanent tenants, all of whom are non-profit service organizations.
We also support 100’s of other organizations and the public on a short term basis, with a performance theatre, rehearsal rooms, day meeting rooms, and a large community hall (with kitchen & stage).
To provide on a non-profit basis accommodation in which charitable or non-profit organizations and associations, which meet the admission criteria of the Corporation, render services to the needy and the poor of the Regional Municipality of Ottawa-Carleton and the surrounding areas.
The Bronson Centre mandate, effectively shared with its tenant agencies, is to provide educational, emotional, physical and spiritual support aimed at empowering people to take responsibility for their own lives with renewed dignity and hope.
Our 45,000 square feet of space was originally the Immaculata High School, which was founded by the Grey Sisters of the Immaculate Conception.
Our oldest building dates from 1928 and offers spacious, high ceiling rooms. Additional buildings followed in a timely fashion. The Dr. D.A. Kearns Memorial Building went up in 1948 and was later followed by the North Wing (originally a convent) in 1952. In 1962, the building as we know it today was completed with a main foyer and auditorium.
As a high school and now as a dynamic community hub, we are part of the heart, soul, and memory of Ottawa residents far and wide.