In recognition of keeping the Bronson Centre community and our tenants updated during the pandemic, we will be posting consistent updates on the Bronson Centre’s response effort on this page. Any questions about content may be directed to JP Melville at email@example.com.
24 June 2020 Update
Recently the Province of Ontario initiated Phase 2 of their reopening plan in several regions of the province. The Ottawa area was one of the areas permitted to loosen restrictions on public gatherings. At this time gatherings of 10 people or less are permitted, as well as 30% capacity for church congregations.
The Bronson Centre is working towards reopening its non-permanent facilities to allow public meetings of 10 people or less, and 30% capacity of church rentals. Our target date is set for Monday, July 6, 2020. At that time, our hours will expand to 9am – 9pm Monday to Sunday.
Ottawa Public Health (OPH) guidelines will be posted throughout the Bronson Centre and in every non-permanent meeting space. Please follow OPH protocols of regular handwashing/sanitizing and practice physical distancing.
Ottawa Public Health provides frequent updates regarding COVID-19, and relevant information on best practices for reopening. You can find the latest information from OPH here.
Ottawa Public Health has shared best practices to reduce the spread of viruses:
o Wash your hands often with soap and water or use hand sanitizer. Make sure to wash for at least 20 seconds with soap and water.
o Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
o Do not touch your eyes, nose, and mouth unless you have just washed your hands with soap.
o Cover your cough and sneeze with a tissue or into your arm, not your hand.
o Stay home if you are sick.
We encourage all tenants and rental groups to follow appropriate protocols (as set out in OPH guidelines) within their own space that will reduce the risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19. Bronson Centre custodial staff have been instructed to increase their cleaning tasks as it pertains to wiping down frequently touched surfaces (doorknobs, washrooms, handrails) in all common areas.
We will continue to provide updates to you as they arise.
Stay healthy, stay safe!
1 June 2020 Update
If you believe that you have any of the symptoms of Covid-19, please do not come to Bronson Centre and visit instead the Ottawa Public Health website for guidance. Bronson Centre shares the concern of all our tenants, visiting public, and patrons to events in our facility with respect to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
Please visit the City of Ottawa website for comprehensive information.
Tenants and Visitors
Bronson Centre respects regulations of the Province of Ontario and the City of Ottawa.
Tenants have access to their offices and may work at Bronson Centre, provided regulations are being met. Social distancing must be practiced. No more than 5 persons may gather at one time (at time of writing this notice).
Our working hours continue as follows:
Monday – Friday 9 AM to 5 PM
Closed Saturday, Sunday, and Statutory Holidays
Our doors are locked, so call in advance for an appointment. If you are a tenant, be sure to bring your key. We share the concern of all our tenants, visiting public, and patrons to events and/or offices in our facility, especially those who provide essential services.
If you are holding an essential service activity here at Bronson Centre, please consider providing a volunteer at the main entrance to screen entries and exits from the building.
If you wish to rent rooms or consider renting permanent office space at Bronson Centre, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For all other inquiries, please contact Corey Mayville, Executive Director: email@example.com
We wish to let everyone know that we have continued with renovations to the building throughout COVID-19.
⦁ $250,000 investment light and sound in performance venue.
⦁ $650,000 investment Heritage Canada for basic mechanical and space upgrades:
-Completely new electrical supply into the building ($270,000) completed
-Complete upgrade stage electrical ($30,000) completed
-New washroom and urinals on main floor ($80,000) completed
-Air Conditioning venue ($130,000) completed
-General repairs ($70,000) ongoing
⦁ $200,000 investment private donation – Main waste drain out of building
⦁ $148,000 investment Ontario Trillium Foundation venue dance floor, new seating
We wish to support our funders and the Ministry of Labour who have all made continued maintenance on our building possible.
9 April 2020 Update
Friday April 10, the Bronson Centre will be closed on a one-time basis. The Bronson Centre will reopen on Monday April 13th with our adjusted hours.
Bronson Community Updates
- Bronson Centre staff are exploring how to access recently announced provincial funding for, “shelters, food banks, emergency services, charities and non-profits to continue to deliver their critical services, hire additional staff, and find ways to promote social/physical distancing and self-isolation to keep clients safe and healthy”. Bronson Centre will continue to communicate with Bronson Centre organizations through this platform and seek to leverage the collaboration within Bronson Centre to ensure the continued delivery of services and sustainability of our tenants. If you have questions or would like to contribute to this effort please contact JP Melville at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Bronson Hub continues to be open for business and exploring how to reach seniors and intergenerational population during this time. We continue to develop projects and are open to new ideas from Bronson Centre organizations, especially projects that address our current reality of social isolation.
- Bronson Centre has adjusted its hours and procedures for entering the building during the state of emergency and global pandemic.
- The Bronson Centre is now open 9AM – 5PM Monday to Friday (except April 10). The Bronson Centre is closed on Saturday and Sunday.
- Tenants are asked to enter the building by the front door. Please use your building key to enter as the doors will be kept locked at all times. If you do not have a key, you may call a colleague in the building to let you in or call the Bronson Centre front desk.
- The parking lot entrance of the Bronson Centre is currently inaccessible due to construction. Please use the front door to enter the building.
- Bronson Centre has offered its community space to the City of Ottawa for use during the pandemic if need be. This conversation is ongoing, and nothing has been confirmed as of this date.
- Ministry of Labour visited the Bronson Centre on Monday April 6 to help Bronson Centre manage working within COVID19 safety precautions in order to keep the centre open to continue delivery of essential services. Conversations with the Ministry of Labour to ensure the safety of our community and tenants are ongoing.
- Renovations to the AC and theatre continue and the women’s washrooms on the north side of the lobby are nearly complete. Renovations are proceeding in accordance with provincial and municipal regulations.
- Questions about permanent rentals and leases can be directed to Corey Mayville at email@example.com. No changes are expected at this time.
23 March 2020 Update
9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
MONDAY TO FRIDAY
ONLY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
novel coronavirus (COVID -19)
Declaration of Emergency – Province of Ontario
Bronson Centre respects the Declaration of Emergency made by the Province of Ontario.
On the 23rd of March, 2020, the Government of Ontario announced the Mandatory Closure of All non-Essential Workplaces (published 1:30 pm 23 March 2020).
With respect to the novel coronavirus (COVID -19), we share the concern of all our tenants, visiting public, and patrons to events and / or offices in our facility.
Until further notice, for the organizations deemed as essential services and operating out of Bronson Centre (e.g. Dalhousie Food Cupboard) we remain open with the following restricted hours:
9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
MONDAY TO FRIDAY ONLY
We further respect the Special Statement made by Ottawa’s Medical Officer of Health on March 18, 2020:
“Do NOT gather in groups of 10 or more.”
We recommend that everyone visit www.ottawa.ca for updates and that our tenants take actions appropriate to the situation.
New Bookings, Postponements, Cancellations
1. If you need to make a booking, please contact us by phone or email if possible, rather than coming to the building.
2. For information about community events, please contact the organizers directly.
3. For information regarding shows in the venue, please visit
Precautions that we are taking in our facility include:
- Restrooms, handrails, door handles, and other commonly used surfaces will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected daily.
- Staff will be wearing gloves while cleaning where practical and washing their hands on a regular basis.
Please follow these personal precautions (also at Ottawa Public Health website):
- Wash their hands often with soap and water, or use hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching their eyes, nose, and mouth unless they have just washed their hands
- Cover their cough and sneeze with a tissue or into their arm, not their hand
- If possible, stay home if they are sick
- Avoid visiting people in hospitals or long-term care centres if they are sick
- It is still recommended that they get a flu shot if they haven’t already as the flu virus is still circulating in the community
- Keep workplaces clean and hygienic – increase frequency of cleaning high- touch surfaces such as elevator buttons, key boards, mouse, phones, desks, computers, seating areas, lunch tables, kitchens, washrooms, etc.
- Although not conclusive, there may be benefit to increasing the spatial separation between desks and workstations as well as individuals (e.g., employees, customers) from each other, ideally a 2 metre separation should be maintained, unless there is a physical barrier (e.g., cubicle, Plexiglas window).
- Increased awareness about and communication to staff about COVID-19.
- Advise employees and contractors to consult national travel advice before going on business trips
- Take precautions for social events